1. From Cracked: 6 completely legal ways the cops can screw you, including a nod (of course) to civil asset forfeiture
2. “In the nation’s largest cities, drug arrests for African Americans rose at three times the rate for whites from 1980 to 2003, 225% compared to 70%. This
disparity is not explained by corresponding changes in rates of drug use.”
3. “….Beaverton Police Chief Geoff Spalding cautions against interpreting the settlement to mean citizens have a right to record the cops….”
4. Canadian law enforcement is trying to push civil asset forfeiture laws through provincial legislatures. The back story here is that for years the United States Department of Justice has been aggressively exporting American forfeiture laws to other countries.
5. Dennis Kucinich, John Tierney, and Barney Frank in a field hearing of the Subcommittee on Domestic Policy in Gloucester, Maine, regarding NOAA’s abuse of civil forfeiture powers.
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by eapenthampy, ForfeitureReform. ForfeitureReform said: Assorted Links: Exporting US forfeiture laws to Canada, US Congressmen hear testimony about NOAA forfeiture abuse, http://bit.ly/c2PI32 [...]
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.